Thursday, July 1, 2010

Life of Leisure

Yes, I am living the life of leisure. However, I'm not so sure if this is how life should be at 26 years old... but I'll take it for now. The best part of unemployment is having time to realize what it is I truly want to do as a career. The bad part of unemployment is that my blog title no longer makes sense: nope, not a working girl - nope, not in the corporate world. Although I have to admit it feels really good to read that previous sentence.

The world is my oyster! I can now move forward towards my personal legend! I have seen the light! And I will be taking this amazing avocado salad dressing with me to top all the bland cooked chicken and boring vegetable salads that cross my path!

Smooooth Avocado Dressing
adapted from Choosing Raw
1 avocado
1 garlic clove
4 tbsp olive oil
1 lime (juice & zest)
salt to taste
pepper
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp cumin
* I'd add a cup of cilantro if you have it on hand
1/4 cup - 1/2 cup water

Combine all ingredients, except the water, in a food processor until smooth. Slowly add the water until you get the consistency you are looking for. The sauce is great on salads, chicken, pork tenderloin, grilled eggplant, the list goes on.