I came across a great article on CNN from Real Simple's Kim O'Donnel. Coming from a small kitchen in San Francisco, a lot of her points really hit home. Love for cooking arises from all different elements. It's about sharing and making the most with what you have.
"10 things cooking taught me about life"
1. Small gestures can make a big difference
2. Cheap thrills are closer than you think
3. Control is overrated
4. Sing if you must, but quit thinking so much
5. There are always second chances
6. Substance beats style every time
7. We all have what it takes to create something
8. Communicate anyway you can
9. Your instinct may not be the best, but it's yours
10. Less really is more
Here's a shot of my family's all time fave, Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake ...