Sunday, August 30, 2009

From the Garden

I started this blog in San Francisco, a city that showcases some of the freshest produce around. San Franciscans love their organic lifestyles; however, it comes with a price. I remember dropping $40 buckaroos at the farmer's market. Although worth it, life was tough when it came to paying rent, if you know what I mean. So it's not too often that I'm able to blog about fresh fruits and vegetables from my backyard. Since moving to Ventura not only have I been savoring the lower sales tax but I've also been giddy about the amazing fruits and veggies growing in my backyard. The image below is a snapshot of this summer's, late harvest: organic heirloom tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, green zebra tomatoes, cucumbers, funky squash, lemons and bell peppers. Aren't the colors amazing?


It has been so fun to cook with all of these veggies. We've made pasta sauce, stir fries, capreses, pizza, the list goes on! I hope to get some of these posts up soon, till then, enjoy the pic :)

No comments: