Monday, February 23, 2009

Tired of the same ol' Turkey Burger?

Well so am I! This past week was a doozey. Work was starting to become more than a drag and my weeknight meals were definitely following suit... an attitude change was far too necessary! In resistance to the patterns that had been developing over these past couple of weeks, inspiration finally emerged in a delicious, homemade, salsa verde turkey burger. Phew! The corporate world has yet to suck the creativity out of me!


This recipe was a surprise, as I had no clue what the results would be like. I had a feeling the salsa would add a zang and the brown rice flour some nice texture. But I had no idea if it'd be the right zang nor the right texture. After the first bite, I was pleasantly surprised and knew this just had to be my next post. The combination worked perfectly. So, for inspiration to all those who think they can't cook or have no time to cook, first go to Trader Joe's then make these turkey burgers! Easy, healthy and delicious... Enjoy!

Salsa Verde Turkey Burgers
3/4 pounds all white, ground turkey meat
3 tablespoons Trader Joe's Salsa Verde (or any salsa you have on hand)
1/4 cup brown rice flour
salt to taste
Burger condiments
Buns of your liking (I'd use Poppy seed Kaiser rolls)

Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Warm some canola oil in a fry pan over medium heat. While oil is heating, form turkey burger patties with your hands then place on the hot fry pan (I live in San Francisco and have no grill nor a patio, so the fry pan is the best option, however, a BBQ will work great!). Grill/Fry on your pan until done to your liking. Dress'em up or eat them like Atkin would... you are sure to love Trader Joe afterwards!

Psst ... I made these somewhat on a whim so you may have to alter measurements to your liking. I'm sure to redo this recipe again sometime and promise to take better notes and a better picture.

No comments: