Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cranberry Sauce 1, 2, 3

I'm so happy to be done with work for the week (I hope) and back in the kitchen with my mom. She always whips me back into kitchen shape - do this, do that! Clean up your mess! Then all of a sudden, voila! A delicious Thanksgiving meal is on the table. She is a stud in the kitchen and always impresses the best.

One of my favorite dishes on Thanksgiving is Cranberry Sauce. My secret ingredient is red wine or port as it adds some depth to a pretty basic recipe of simple syrup and cranberries. I will try to post some more recipes as time permits over the next couple of days. I love this time of the year!

Cranberry Sauce 1, 2, 3
2 Cups Cranberries
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Red Wine (I used Macleod Merlot - from an awesome family vineyard in Sonoma. A port would be great too, but I would consider using 1/4 Cup sugar if using port)
3 tbsp Orange Zest
Juice of 1/2 an orange
1 Cinnamon Stick

In a saucepan bring the Simple Syrup to a boil (1 Cup Sugar & 1 Cup Water). Add the Cranberries, wine, orange zest and cinnamon stick. Let them harmonize until sauce thickens. Remove Cinnamon stick.

There you have it! So simple and quick yet deliciously gourmet.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: