Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Scramble

I have to tell the truth, things have been a bit chaotic over here. February was beyond demanding on the work end, causing my mind to lose focus on the little things that keep me together. For example: a clean apartment, laundry, working out, keeping in touch with friends. All of the above had been unconsciously pushed to the side as I tried to keep my head above water at work. Then, March rolled around and the work stopped. I was left with dirty dishes, laundry spilling out of the closet, an empty fridge and an unrelenting desire to go out and PARTY! Now that it's Sunday, it's time I get my act together. This always begins with the gym; what better way to get focused and determined.


For anyone who sees Sunday as the day to get organized and focused, a healthy egg scramble is just the fuel you need. Eggs are packed with vitamins and protein, and chard is full of vitamin C and flavonoids. A little prosciutto and onion for the taste buds, and you are set to take on the day!

Chard & Prosciutto Sunday Scramble
2 egg whites
1 egg
1 cup chopped chard
1/4 cup torn prosciutto bits
1/4 white onion diced
salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon water

Separate the eggs from the whites in a bowl. Add the egg to the egg whites plus 1 tablespoon of water. Whisk well.

In a saute pan, add cooking oil and diced onion. Saute on medium heat for about 2 minutes, then add torn up prosciutto bits. Let the flavors marinate for about 5 minutes, then add the chard and continue to saute until chard appears wilted. Quickly pour in the egg mixture. Using a wooden spoon scramble ingredients together until egg is fully cooked. Salt & pepper to taste. I would wait to add the salt as the prosciutto adds saltiness that may be just enough for your taste buds.

This is a quick and satisfying meal for one on the run! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you, jesus. i needed another entry for my own sanity and flavonoids...

Lisa Engel said...

Ha, I know. I was MIA for too long!